edges of bounty 2008 calendar




A very quick posting today, as I just arrived home from a transformative artists' hangout at Mono Lake last night (more on that soon) and am off to Minneapolis, MN to visit Coffee House Press this morning.

I've finally settled on a subject for my 2008 calendar- with their permission, I'm adapting the stellar photography (Scott Squire) and gorgeous prose (William Emery) from a project they spent several years creating (a year traveling around the Central Valley, a year to finish writing, editing and going through production), and which is now in published book form by Heyday Books, as well as on the web through www. edgesofbounty. com. Jeepers, I'm really not explaining the Edges of Bounty project adequately, so forgive me until I get back into the saddle this weekend.

Here are a few sketches, still to be adapted into 5 x 7 linoblocks.








1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love them even as sketches. Sketches are half the fun!