Mimi-nashi Hoichi







For the past two years, I've been a warty procrastinator about this otherwise dream book project of mine. Based on the legendary Japanese ghost tale as recorded and published by American freak Lafcadio Hearn, Mimi-nashi Hoichi, in its final majestic letterpress and linoleum block illustrated form promises to be something actually worth reading.

I've decided to post some of my sketches for the project, regardless of the fact that I broke down and recruited goth/metal bass goddess and illustrator extraordinaire, Lorraine Rath, to do my heavy lifting for me (whimper). Comments and virtual tomatoes actually welcomed. I'd like one of these days to actually learn how to draw in perspective rather than forever going superflat, as if the drawings would just peel off the page.

No comments: